2017 Rut Madness Challenge Rules ( This is a Members Only Free Contest ) rev. 9/27/17
Muzzleloader Bucks will be entered in Rut Madness Challenge. We will have also have Largest Muzzleloader Buck Prize Date of Rule Change 9/30/14
X Bows will be included Archery and Rut Madness Challenge Date of Rule Change 9/30/14
Member must be with deer when scored
Eligible hunters must be signed in by 9pm September 30th 2017 for archery and 9pm November 17th 2017 for gun.
Deer must be whitetail buck, killed during general hunting season and hunting season hours.
Buck killed within a deer-proof fence or any other confined area are not eligible to enter contest.
Deer must be killed during season dates.
Must Kill Deer in New York. Date of Rule Change 1/10/2010
Inside Spread (to the nearest 1/8 inch) cannot be larger the longest beam length. Date of Rule Change 9/22/2013
You may only enter one buck during each of the seasons.
Bucks must be properly tagged according to New York State Law when brought in for measurement.
Hunter must present valid NY State hunting license upon measurement.
Measurement must be made within 12 hours of kill. If killed on last date of season measurement must be before 9 pm that day. ( if you are searching for deer please call a scorer)
For measurement hunter must bring in ENTIRE BODY OF THE FIELD DRESSED ANIMAL.
ALL SCORING WILL BE DONE AFTER SUNSET. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE ARE ALL HUNTERS TOO. ( You can still call at time of kill)
- NO CHEATERS, ONLY HONEST HUNTERS WELCOME, CHEATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
- MUST FOLLOW D.E.C. HUNTING RULES AND REGULATIONS. YOU WILL GET CAUGHT.
Official HWNY Scoring System
(Please Note This is not New York State Big Buck Club Scoring System )
- Total Tine Length (at least 1 inch)
- Total Beam Length (to the nearest 1/8 inch)
- Total Inside Spread (to the nearest 1/8 inch)Cannot be larger the longest beam length
- Total Circumference of Right Antler Base
All above Equal Total Score
Tiebreaker: Circumference of Left Antler Base
- No point will be counted that is less than 1 inch.
- All measurement be rounded to the nearest 1/8 inch.
- Any broken point which measure less than 1 inch will not be counted in Tine Length Sawed off horn will not be measured.
- Official measure has the last say.
- Any hunter found trying to cheat will automatically be disqualified.
- In case of a tie breaker it will be drawn between 2 hunters whose score is the same.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST COMMITTEE ARE FINAL.